Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's in a name?

Lately I have been stressing about finding the name for this little babe. Mark doesn't seem concerned since he keeps shooting down all the names I bring to the table... I am starting to worry that she might get stuck as Blueberry for the rest of her life! Ahhh! Everyone says picking the name is the fun part, but until we have some stellar ideas I am just stressing about it! I dream of names and then when I wake up I wonder what the heck my sleeping mind was thinking!

9 comments:

Johnson's said...

Well do you like traditional names or do you want something a little different? I wasn't as stressed when we found out we were having a girl...boy names scare me to death! I wish I had some ideas for you, I'll be thinking. We need to have another friend get together soon! Everyone is going to be leaving us come spring time :( I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Richardson said...

I say go with traditional. They are more timeless. But I also think it's hard to go wrong with a girls name. I like family names too. That's why we went with James instead of Gabe. Not to mention Rob wasn't as fond of Gabe. The name was the hardest part for me too. I wasn't sure until he was born and even then I just wanted to call him baby. But now he's my baby James.

Johnson's said...

I know I need to add some pics...coming soon

Krystal said...

Josh says "Stick with Bible names" like "Jezabel or Delilah". (I'm not sure if those are spelled exactly right.) Fortunately Rachel is a "Bible name" too, and one that we agreed on. :) When your cute baby comes, I'm sure you'll have the perfect name for her. You could always look at Baby name books too. By the way, I love the pregnant picture of you on the sidebar. You look so cute!! And the two of you together at the top is cute too. You are going to make great parents, I just know it!!

Josh and Heather said...

We looked online and made a small list of names that we liked the most. Like all big decisions in life,it seemed surreal when we filled out the paper work at the hospital and put our baby's name on paper officially.
I'm sure you guys will find the perfect name for her! The best part is that the name grows on everyone as they cuddle and play with your baby.

Kera said...

hi! Congrats on the baby!! You look great and good luck finding a name. we didn't figure it out until right before either.

Brooke said...

I'm gonna start calling her D-piddy, you know, like the rapper but backwards! Hey, it's original!

Brooke said...

P.S. I forgot to say that the "piddy" comes from the word Pidcock, so that's what makes the rapper name so great! Get it.....Pid-dee?! It's great, I know!

WarriorWife said...

My sister showed me a great site that I have had lots of fun with. (Not that I'm in the market, that's just how cool the site is!)

Give it a whirl: http://www.babynamewizard.com/

And if that doesn't work the name Melissa is always a good choice!