I don't know if any other stay-at-home-moms feel this way, but since having children I often don't feel as smart as I once did back in the day. Sure, I can quote 20+ picture books to you word for word. And, yes I do know all the words to my 8 fun toddler sing-along CDs, but it just isn't the same. I think I finally figured out one reason I may not feel as intellectually productive... The math of motherhood just doesn't add up. Recently our family went from 3 members to 4. How does adding one person double the amount of laundry I do? (I mean she is only 2% of our family if you go by weight! Doesn't that mean her clothes are smaller?) I now have 2 children in diapers, but somehow we have gone through over a month's worth of wipes in 1 week. I doubled the kids, but quadrupled the wipe usage! If I add it up, I spend approximately 6 hours actively feeding children. I don't know how that math is screwy, just a little daunting!
Today was just one of those days. I listened to a lot of crying and at the end of the day feel like all I did was feed mouths, change bums, and wipe tears. After a day like today I think it is amazing that mothers of more than one child can have an intelligent conversation at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment