It's at moments like this that I feel like I have this whole mom-of-2 thing down pat.
Yep. That's why I titled this post self-deluded.
You should see my house. Thank you to all those that have pretended not to notice the dried cheerios stuck to the kitchen floor. Oh yeah, and stools and counter and chairs. Thank you to the cashier at Smiths for giving Blue a sticker because I am swinging the car seat with a fussing baby in my arms, while trying to load the food onto the conveyor belt and find my keys with my fresh values card all the while trying to convince Blue to stay in the cart. Thank you to my sweet little girl who has had a less-than patient mother more lately and is still such a joy to be with and has been so gentle and helpful to her baby sister. Thank you to my baby who is mellow and content even when I am jostling her about while she is breastfeeding because I am trying to make dinner, or pick up a fallen chicken nugget or read books to her sister who is also sharing the same lap. Thank you to my loving and understanding husband for fishing his underwear out of the laundry basket or dryer without complaint or criticism because clothes can't seem to make it to the drawer anymore.
I go back and forth trying to decide if I will get the hang of this or if I will just have to accept a new norm. But right now?
Right now I have it all together. :)

1 comment:
I love this post!!!
Post a Comment