Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trades:

Just thinking about the differences between the workplace and the homefront- 3 weeks into it this is my short list of things I have traded...
  • Checking/responding to emails ~20 times/day--> checking to see if she is still breathing ~200 times/day
  • 2 hour commute to & from work-- > 4+ hours breastfeeding (all times of day and nightJ)
  • Looking for a pen-->looking for the camera or binky
  • Marking things off my task list--> adding things to my “task” list (loosely used here- I mean does it count as a task list if your general timeframe is maybe, hopefully sometime this week?)
  • Answering the phone--> changing a diaper
  • Deciding what project to work on first thing in the morning--> deciding what outfit is the cutest
  • Hoping you can finish a task before being interrupted--> hoping you can take a shower before she’s hungry again
  • Knowing the day, date, and time (well usually)--> knowing (and getting to enjoy!) the weather

I am sure all you at-home moms could add some some great items to the list! Anyway my little humorous thought for the day:)

No comments: