Talk about a blow to the self confidence:
As we were leaving the hospital with blueberry a lady stopped to look at her in the carseat. She of course ooed and aaed at how cute she is and then proceeded to ask me if I had another baby on the way?! I know that my belly was still a little large, but really! Here I am shuffling out of the hospital like a 70-year old man with a nurse following us and our overnight bag and everything...
Then, yesterday I am at Costco and blueberry is in her carseat sitting in the front of the cart (like 1 foot from my face). The woman that worked there told me to be careful because someone had spilled yogurt on the floor. She said, "Watch out- I don't want anyone to slip, especially not someone pregnant." Of course I had to get that comment on the day I was so proud I was not wearing maternity or even stretchy pants!
I think I might just stay in the house until blueberry is 6 weeks old and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't feel bad. Most woman still look about 5 months pregnant when they are leaving the hospital. Seriously, how stupid can you be to look at a baby that little and think that she is big enough for you to be pregnant again and showing already. Did she think you were having twins and they just left one in there for later?
Post a Comment