Thursday, July 9, 2009

Love it vs. Leave it

So as I watch Blueberry grow and start to show her little personality I can't help but think of all the things she does now and whether I want her to keep that characteristic or grow out of it. Like for example, she is such a great eater now. Not picky at all- she eats whatever I provide:) Definitely lovin' that! Other thoughts...


Got it, Love it, please keep it:

  • Such a good sleeper- I stick her in her crib with a binky and leave and she just quietly puts herself to sleep. Or, if we are out and about she just has to have something against her face to fall asleep. Or, if she is in the car she is usually a goner. Noise? No problem. Let's just say she has her momma's gift of good sleep :)
  • Little social girl- she likes to see what is going on and be a part of it all- if you are holding her you better face her out!
  • Likes to play outside- if she is fussy, sometimes all I have to do is walk outside and she calms right down.
  • Talking and laughing- LOTS! especially in the morning
  • Little athlete- this started in the womb, but she is still a busy body- always kicking or wiggling




Maybe leave it behind...

  • Partier? She is loud in the middle of the night. I mean LOUD. When she wakes up at midnight to eat she talks so much and so loud I am sure she is going to wake Mark up. We do not need a late night partier on our hands!
  • Book hater?! I have started reading little books to her or just talking about the pictures in books and she hasn't given me quite the response I'd hoped for (admiration, complete attentiveness, overall joy whenever she sees the printed page). She fusses the second we sit down with a book, or yesterday I gave her the binky to stop the fussing and she promptly slumped over and fell asleep on the book!
  • Unappreciative of the girly accessories? Mom finds cute shoes. Mom buys cute shoes. Mom puts cute shoes on cute feet. Cute feet kick them off 20 seconds later. Or... Wiggle, wiggle wiggle- lacy headband turns into rambo headband or blindfold. Bow on head with caro syrup? Baby rips out bow on head and sympathetic dad asks mom to quit putting bows on head or all hair will be ripped out. arg!

1 comment:

brittani c. said...

I can't help laughing at this picture. They struggle and cry to get something off their eyes and they don't know what to do...is that mean? It's hilarious.
I LOVE Donut Falls. I used to go all the time while in high school.