Monday, September 20, 2010

Garden envy?

My cousin came over to our house and told us he had garden envy the other day. I loved that saying! While I love having the fresh homegrown produce, I almost feel like August & September are too overwhelming trying to keep up/preserve some of our hard work. Check out the fruits of our labor...

Blue has a bag of dirt slung over her shoulder. Her first choice was to fill Mark's cargo pockets with dirt, but when he kiboshed that idea she resorted to filling a grocery sack of dirt which then became her "purse". But check out the garden in the background too...

Yummy steaming sweet potato

Zucchini cut and ready for delicious soup

Cantaloupe that was a little overripe :(

A couple batches of canned tomatoes

Cherry tomatoes ready for snacking and dehydrating
The best fruit of our labors- look at that cute little pink face. She came in smelling like sweaty kid. I guess that means she is not my baby anymore!?

No comments: