This morning Blue woke up unusually early (after going to bed an hour later than normal to boot!). I think the third or fourth word out of her mouth was hungry, so that might answer the early hour. Anyway, while I was feeding her and eating myself she was whiny so I told her my typical, "Whiny babies take more naps." Her mood did not improve after breakfast either and later I asked her why she was whining and she replied, "Nap." I told her that was a good idea and laid her in her crib! She chilled in there for about 10 minutes and then wanted out. I took her out, and her mood has improved! If she is already catching on, maybe I should develop more motivational phrases for our family...
9:30am edit: Her mood apparently was not improved. I was forced to follow through for real on my whiny babies take more naps threat and put her down again. Needless to say she was not very happy about this. She cried and threw a tantrum and stubbornly decided not to lay down for her nap. Her body finally gave in though despite her stubborn will to remain sitting...

No comments:
Post a Comment