Friday, November 14, 2008

CHRISTMAS!!!!

Ok, just a little catch up for all you die hard blog readers out there. This blog was started by me because my wife was missing for 3 or 4 days when the last Harry Potter book came out. I don't even know how many Harry Potter books are out now so it might have been the last book or the one before that; nonetheless, that is the time our blog was inspired. Since then I think I've posted 2 maybe 3 posts, so I think I would get on and tell you whats to come.

CHRISTMAS!!!! I read Ashlee's last post regarding me being over zealous about Christmas. In my defence, I just love this time of season. It's one of very few seasons when the Spirit of Christ is overwhelming with joy and gladness. Today I am putting up our Christmas lights for the first time ever. This is a momentous occasion for us. I am drawing my inspiration from Clark Grizwalds house.
I know this may be a little extreme but what a glorious sight for the eyes of those that appreciate what this season brings, joy, peace, and comfort. I know this is going to be an enourmous task to under take so, just to let you know its our first year decorating our house for Christmas. I beg that you give us a few years, and some more after Christmas clearance sales and we should be a contender with the mighty Grizwalds house.
Remeber Christmas is not about Santa but about the Lords birth and what a great gift he brought to all of us, the atonement. I know you are thinking, if I feel that way then why am I putting worldly lights all over our house. When you look at the Grizwalds house, our house or any other house with lights; think of each light as a candle of appreciation on the birthday cake celebrating the number of years the Sons and Daughters of God have had to partake of the atonement. With that in mind, we can gain a better appreciation for the patience and mercy the Lord has extended to us. This is truly "the most wounderful time of the year" We have the biggest birthday celebration coming and i want to celebrate with a bang. The sun is up so I am going to go put that candles on our cake. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Jen Olson said...

What a cute little brother you are!!! I loved your post and I can't wait to see you guys in a few short weeks! Love ya!

Becky said...

Fun!!! I am excited to see what the next few years bring to the Pidcock house!!! I am sure this year will be fantastic! Yeah for Christmas