Tuesday, August 31, 2010

20 weeks???

I had a dream the other night that I had the baby, so fast that I didn't have time to call anyone- even Mark, and then as I was leaving the hospital I got in the car and it started rolling backwards down the hill. I stepped on the brake and nothing happened. The car started going faster and faster and I was practically standing on the brake and not making a difference at all. This isn't the first dream in the last month or so where I am driving a car trying to slow it down and nothing I do works- even pulling the emergency brake!

I don't think I need to take this to a professional for interpretation. Everything is going too fast! I think despite the weird spring and cool summer (well, I guess just not blistering) FALL is in the air. And all I know is that I am not excited for winter- Ugh. 20 weeks marks the halfway point of this pregnancy. The HALFWAY point! Have I done one thing to prepare for this baby? No. She is still most often, affectionately, called "this baby!" I am trying to soak up all the alone time I have now, and enjoy my little shadow as much as possible with the limited one-on-one time we have left. And to mention the little shadow- she is no longer my baby! Blueberry is not just walking- she is running everywhere she goes, making her opinion known all the time, and talking from the second her eyes open to well past the time they close. (Yes, I have heard her talking in her sleep before). I think she is learning a couple words every day at this point. She is using words I don't remember ever teaching her or even using around her. I just want to press the pause button! Or at least the slow motion button?

This is just really all a result of feeling so overwhelmingly blessed I want to soak in every minute before a thing changes. I have a healthy, beautiful and fun little girl. According to all indications, another healthy, beautiful and fun little girl on the way. I have been feeling amazingly well, so well that I often forget I am pregnant. And, my loving husband is the most amazing partner anyone could ever ask for. Granted I am exhausted by about 7pm, but it is the satisfied, cup-overfloweth kind of tired. If only I could still feel this way in about 5 months!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Can't believe you are already 20 weeks, she will be here before you know it!! I loved this post, you just described what it means to be a mom in such a beautiful way!