Sunday, November 13, 2011

Disney on Ice

Yesterday our family went to Disney on Ice. Mark and I had fun watching the show, but had an absolute blast watching Blue. Both girls were totally enthralled the first little bit, but after a bit Carli was over it and turned into her typical tornado-baby self. (At least that is what I call this stage ~10 months. She wants to be held, but also wants to move. She turns to look out at something, then wants to grab my necklace. Then she leans over to see something on the ground and out of no where whips up to watch the show. I just feel like I have a tornado on my lap.) Blue on the other hand is at the perfect age for this. She waved when the skaters waved to the audience. She danced when they did, clapped at all the right parts, and was in awe through most of it. Now I want to take them to Disneyland!

Right before the show. We had just woken them up from the car ride and trekked through the snow- they were a bit dazed.

So excited for the show to start!

Once the announcer said there were only 3 minutes until the show began, she wouldn't peel her eyes away from the ice for a picture! I told her that gave us enough time to go to the bathroom and she would have none of it!

We had great seats and the set looked awesome.

This is how she spent most of the show. I am so glad we were in the row right behind the railing. She loved being able to stand (and dance!) and have a better view. Plus, I am glad the railing was there to stop her from diving right into the show!



She was so glad to share this with her "besty"

Oh yeah, and sister! (Carli is already getting war wounds! :( Carpet burn on her cheek)
Our little family :)

My favorite part was the cards- they had fake faces on the back of their heads and 2 toe sides to their skates, so when they flipped around it looked awesome -we could barely tell which was which.

She did not want to leave.

We took a couple more pictures- she had to show off her sparkly shoes- then we had to take her kicking and screaming to the car. Literally. Pushing, kicking, and screaming.

I wonder if some people worried I was snatching a child? Luckily she was yelling "No Mom!" during part of the walk to the car...

Oh yeah, and then she threw up in the car on the way home. I guess we just needed a reminder of all the joys of parenthood. :)

No comments: