Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Lots of great food + surrounded by family + a bit of black Friday shopping + a Griswold worthy display =Thanksgiving perfection!

Our family

Blue started out at the big table with her cousins, but when we started to move around to fit in 2 more chairs, the youngest girls wanted their own table...


Check out that beautiful Thanksgiving table!

My cute little Carli-bop

Mark and his mom- our wonderful hostess

The kids did a little talent show and after watching some of her cousins jump rope, Blue wanted to try. She even got some good jumps in!


Grandma always does a treat bag for the grandkids- Blue was a little excited to find hers and get the prizes inside!

Carli just liked the ribbon...

We came home to the lights beautifully lit and twinkling in the night air. Mark has lived up to his reputation of Griswold and done us proud this year. Unfortunately he did us so proud that he blew a breaker (or something like that? Our electrician neighbor is going to help us remedy the situation so we don't lose power every night when the Christmas lights go on. Mark's response to that? "Good, now I can put up more lights!) When we are up and running again I will have to include a picture!


It was a fantastic day and I am so thankful for all the blessings I have been given. I have amazing family members- both near and far- that give me so much love and support. I have 2 beautiful, healthy and smart girls that keep me humble with the realization that I have been entrusted to be their mother. I have an amazing husband that works hard every day to support our family and make my burdens a little lighter, but also adds so much laughter and enjoyment I can't imagine how dull life would be without him. And especially as we approach the Christmas season I am thankful for my Savior and the sacrifice He made for each of us. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and spent enjoying the blessings you have.

No comments: